Saturday, August 11, 2012

Warzone

MC and I are running through woods, it's rough and bushy, but manageable.
We are under attack.
Some how we get split up and I wind up getting out of the woods into Transcona.
Everything is kind of a war zone.
I make my way to Raymond Sr.'s house
It's boarded up and reinforced where ever possible.
He lets me in.
My niece Kaitlyn, her boyfriend, and Seniors daughter Raychelle are there also.
So, we're all sitting around just kind of talking.
Raychelle is trying to make a move on Kaitlyns guy but he's just seeing her as a little kid.
Then all of us girls are in the bathroom doing our make up, just trying to keep our minds off the craziness outside, when Senior calls us out to the living room.
"They're coming for you." He says, "You have to leave"
He pulls out a shot gun and aims it at me.
I raise my hands defensively "Whoa Raymond. I need to hide. I can't go out there."
He turns the gun to Kaitlyn and Raychelle "Get out now, or I'll shoot them both."
"Okay! Okay, I'll leave." I say, and make my way out of the house.
I keep myself close to the broken down, blown up houses and buildings,
trying not to let myself be seen from the sky.
Eventually I make my way back to the woods and find MC who is now with Holly and Angel.
Next thing I know we're under fire, we run.
It seems like we're running forever before the sound of guns and feeling trees shattering around us dwindles away.
All four of us climb over this little hill and lay flat on the other side, trying to catch our breath.
We hear something, but can't tell what it is or how close.
We all press ourselves into the ground, trying to flatten our as much as possible.
My face is in the ground.
I don't want to look up, but, I know I have to.
I take a breath, turn my head to the right,
I'm staring into the gun of a tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment