Friday, August 10, 2012

The House of White

I've had a couple of dreams involving this white house.
One:
I'm by myself in the house,
EVERYTHING is white in the house.
The light is so bright on the white that everything just blends together and I can't see much of anything.
There are tall windows along the south and east sides of the room I'm in
Stairs to the north against the east wall,
the north west walls are covered in watercolour paintings that I can't really see
I'm fumbling through the over lit white house,
vaguely making out statues, ornaments and furniture.
I feel like I have to get up the stairs for some reason.
Once up the stairs I turn a corner and see three doors.
Each one is filled with swirling, sparkly, colourful portal-ness
This is terrifying.
I leave the doors be and go back downstairs.

Two:
The house is is full of people, it's a party.
The house is still white, but now there's also sparkly red everywhere.
Women wearing sparkly red dresses and gowns,
Men with sparkly red ties, cuff links and cummerbunds.
The walls are draped with sparkly red material,
There are sparkling roses,
the paintings are now on black backing with white and sparkly red details.
The party seems to be for me,
But I'm anxious.
I need to get out.
I step outside to go for a walk.
(I'm also wearing a sparkly red gown)
As I walk along a path, I go to stray off and wander on the grass
But, instead of wandering freely onto the grass I smack into something invisible.
Upon inspection I find out it's not something invisible, it's something painted to look like outside.
I find a large stone and start smashing it on the painted wall, some of it chips off.
It's concrete.
I turn around and find a server watching me
"what the fuck is this? why are we trapped in here?" I ask him.
"Oh no, miss. It's not to keep us in at all. It's the keep it out." he responds
"Keep what out?"
"The beast, miss. The walls go all the way into the ground to cover the basement and lower levels, then all the way up over the house. Now, if you will, you're requested to rejoin the party please."
I follow the server back into the party.
Once inside I look towards the stairs and see that my friends and a couple family members are being lead upstairs by men in suits with briefcases.
All of them look very upset.
I know upstairs means bad.
I hurry towards them, some shake their head at me not to come.
A couple party guests try to stop me from going, then finally one of the suited men stops me,
he holds me in place until they all get up the stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment